The Youth Revolution Movement (YRM) is setup to prepare Nigerian youths for leadership and governance, starting from active involvement in the electoral process, from voter registration, through standing for election, to effective leadership wherever they are. Simply put, YRM seeks to transit Nigerian youths from being passive onlookers at the electoral process, to being committed active participants who become the change they seek.
The YRM is neither violent nor militant, but a peaceful, yet firm and structured drive towards positive self-determination, national pride, social consciousness, and actual measurable change.
It is no secret that the youth population is the largest subgroup in our national demography, but unfortunately the larger percentage of this subgroup exhibit severe apathy towards leadership, politics or governance. I don’t blame them really, as this has been a direct consequence of the lack of inspiring leadership that we all have experienced and groaned under, in our recent history. I believe that the youths have to be given renewed hope in our country, they must truly believe in Nigeria again, and buy into owning this process of national re-evolution. Nigerian youths today are well informed, and aware of the leadership role that youths across the world are taking in driving social, political and economic change. For instance, Nollywood was created from scratch by Nigerian youths without government support. YRM is out to mobilize Nigerian youths to take Centre-stage in crafting the future of Nigeria.
The vision of the Youth Revolution Movement (YRM) is to mobilize youths toplay a decisive role in national socio-economic development. It is a vision to see empowered Nigerian youths fully realizing their potentials and positively contributing to the overall growth, development and governance of Nigeria.
The mission of YRM is to build and groom:
- Youth with a sense of hope, self-confidence, imagination, reactivity and pride in the nation’s heritage;
- Youths with a common purpose who represent hope in the future of Nigeria
- Youths who are disciplined, well-focused, law abiding and good citizens
- Youths full of the spirit of entrepreneurship, self-reliance, mutual opportunity, free from all forms of discrimination, exploitation and abuse
- Youths who imbibe a culture of democracy and good governance
- Youths who take pride in our diverse cultural heritage and geographic conditions and youth committed to the ideals of national unity and development as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The Youth Revolution Movement (YRM) is guided by the following values
- Equality of opportunity
- Social justice
- Democracy and good governance
- Hard work and Entrepreneurship
- Respect for human rights
- Transparency and accountability
- To promote the interest of Nigerian youths
- Foster appropriate values and positive attitudes among youths
- Inculcate in the youths, the right leadership and followership values
- Organize the youth to become more involved in the service of their neighborhoods and communities
- Inspire and support the youths to get more involved in governance at all levels
- Sensitize and mobilize youth from 18yrs and above to register and become eligible to vote
- To mobilize youths to collect their PVC
- To educate youths to vote wisely in the coming elections in 2019